In the area of EQ (emotional intelligence) Florencius pays much attention to:
- Self-awareness; the ability for pupils to look at their own lives, to gain self-knowledge and self-improvement.
- Personal motivation; to allow the child to think about his desires, passions and goals.
- Self-control; directing yourself, in order to achieve your goals.
- Empathy; to understand the situation and the thoughts and feelings of other pupils
- Social skills; focus on how interaction takes place, how problems are solved and how pupils approach each other.